Thursday, May 6, 2010

Soup Anyone?


So i have never made home made soup...well i have made soup from a can lots of times but i really wanted to try to make it more fresh. So i did it. And Kevin loved it, Jordan loved it, Erin ate 4 noodles because i said she couldn't play until she did. Nathan enjoyed it but was mostly full from snacking on the shredded chicken i added into the soup.

So this is what i did...
Chopped Celery and Carrots
Added them to chicken stock
Boiled for a while until they were soft.
Added about 7 cups of water with 6 bouillon cubes.
let it all come to a boil and while it was boiling i shredded my microwaved cooked chicken
I added the chicken to the soup and then let it cook for a few min.
Added frozen egg noodles (found in frozen section)
mixed the soup and separated the noodles.
let the noodles cook for about 30 min. I also added a little pepper to taste.

It was really good and there is more for later so i will freeze and make another meal out of it.
Great.

1 comment:

Shawna and David said...

That looks great Tanya! I learned how to make chicken soup this year too, but I want to try it the way you did it! Better yet, come visit me and make me some! jk post more!

/* BLOG TRACKER start ----------------------------------------------- */ /* BLOG TRACKER End ----------------------------------------------- */