Monday, November 24, 2008

New Project

I have started to think about what my kids want for Christmas. We walked into Costco and Erin pointed at the cute red retro kitchen and said "I want that for Christmas" then a few days later Jordan asked Santa to bring her a new kitchen while we were visiting the supermall. So i have had the idea for a while to recreate a kitchen using an old cube side table that my brother brought home one day. So here are some pics and my idea in progress.

I think they should come out cute - i am making 2 one pink for Erin and the other purple for Jordan. So far i have spent about $3 for both and i am trying to make them very cheap so if it doesn't work out it won't leave a hole in my pocket. The kitchen's at costco are about $90 each. and they are much bigger and in my little house it would be very hard to find room. Also i know that they would fight about who gets to use it. so i am trying to make each their own. I plan on doing most of the work this thanksgiving weekend. I'll post updates to this project. Also Jordan and Erin know that i am working on this, but i will hide from now on so they will be surprised come Chirstmas.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

looks promising, and very fun!!

Bart and Krista said...

I can't wait to see the finished product.. and taste what wonderful things the two of them bake me!

Jen S said...

oh my gosh you are awesome!! :)

/* BLOG TRACKER start ----------------------------------------------- */ /* BLOG TRACKER End ----------------------------------------------- */