I downloaded a program called Google SketchUp and created a castle in 3D to what i though the castle should look like. Then i printed pics of the castle and wrote down all my numbers of the sizes i need in the wood. Next i got 1/2 birch plywood and cut out all the walls and towers of the castle. I used the scroll saw to cut windows, doors, and the tops of walls. Last night the girls and i painted a primer on the castle, it was a fun mess that we made but it is all painted white now ready for the pink and purple. Take a look at the pics in progress.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Project Update...Castle
So i have been working on creating a castle for my girls and their little dolls.
I downloaded a program called Google SketchUp and created a castle in 3D to what i though the castle should look like. Then i printed pics of the castle and wrote down all my numbers of the sizes i need in the wood. Next i got 1/2 birch plywood and cut out all the walls and towers of the castle. I used the scroll saw to cut windows, doors, and the tops of walls. Last night the girls and i painted a primer on the castle, it was a fun mess that we made but it is all painted white now ready for the pink and purple. Take a look at the pics in progress.





I downloaded a program called Google SketchUp and created a castle in 3D to what i though the castle should look like. Then i printed pics of the castle and wrote down all my numbers of the sizes i need in the wood. Next i got 1/2 birch plywood and cut out all the walls and towers of the castle. I used the scroll saw to cut windows, doors, and the tops of walls. Last night the girls and i painted a primer on the castle, it was a fun mess that we made but it is all painted white now ready for the pink and purple. Take a look at the pics in progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow! I am so impressed! Can you do landscape design? We need to put in new landscape... and I need a nice design before I have todd put it in. any suggestions on programs for that?
Awesome castle! I am so amazed by all your talents with wood. That is going to be so much fun for your girls.
Ok, you are so talented! I can't wait to see what your next project is.
Congrats to on your most adorable, chubby boy.
looks really good. pretty amazing, I do not have your skills.
Post a Comment