We spent 4 days and 3 nights camping in Oak Creek Canyon. It was a good 15 degrees cooler then in phoenix and it was only 2 hours away. The kids all enjoyed sleeping and eating in the tent trailer. We brought our dog shorty and I think he hated the entire trip, he wasn’t allowed in the trailer so he spent time in the dirt and slept in his kennel and the van at night. We saw big cranes, ugly beetle bugs, skunks, lots of bees and many different types of spiders in the nasty bathrooms.
Each day we played in the river. We found a nice spot all to ourselves that we could play and try to catch fish with peoples left over supplies. We also went to slide rock where Andi accidently got all wet and the rest of us caught minnows. Every night we had a campfire and roasted giant marshmallows or hotdogs.
We went on a small hike that ended up being a very long hot hike around a big mountain, Kevin had to carry shorty the last little while.
Oak Creek Canyon has big red rock mountains with tall green trees. It was very beautiful and dirty. Jordan, Erin, Nathan and Andi all had a wonderful time and want to go again.
2 hour drive for 15 degrees cooler…I think we will go back!
5 comments:
I am so impressed you went on such a wild adventure with four kids (including a nursing baby!)...
WOW! It looks like a lot of fun. I think Andi is looking more like Erin. So cute!
What a fun trip! We love Sedona, and slide rock is one of my kids favorite places to go.
That looks like the best camping spot in AZ! I'm gonna have to put that on my to do list for sure!
Looks like you are having fun and enjoying the beauty of Arizona.
what a fun trip, you should have taken me!
Post a Comment