Monday, December 7, 2009

We moved in!

Wow, 2 weeks from leaving our home in seattle we are now in our new home in Arizona. I picked out the house without Kevin even seeing it. What i like he likes right? Well i am happy he likes it too. I did get to show him the house when the moving truck arrived. We got all our boxes and items moved into the garage on Saturday and then stayed one more night with Kevin's parents. We went to church with Kevin's parents and then drove out to our new home. We have spent the last week unpacking and i still can't find things. But i do know where a walmart is so i can replace them if i really need to. Jordan started school the following tuesday and her school is all day kindergarden and her elem. is K-8th grade. There are no middle schools where we live. She enjoys school but i do think she misses playing with Erin and Nathan and shopping/crafting with me. We put up our christmas tree that my sister gave us. It is very nice. It has been a fun adventure moving even though the on the trip all the kids got sick and we spent lots of time in urgent cares. our kids are now all healthy. We are having a good time together. today it rained here... The main reason we wanted out of WA was all the rain and cloudy days. i got a call early from my father in law telling me that this rain will pass and that it is not normal that we are getting so much rain. I thought it was funny he called like i was going to pack my bags because of a little rain. we are happy and know this is the place our family is suppose to be at this time in our lifes. We went to our new ward on sunday and everyone was nice. I am sure we will be speaking and having callings in no time. Looks like there was lots of room in the primary. they have about 2 classes for each age level. Jordan was happy to have 4 girls and 2 boys in her class. and Erin was so happy that she had lots of friends. Nathan was a little upset and didn't get to experience the nursery. All in all i am finding the places to shop and look forward to saturdays when i get to go to garage sales. I know kevin is much happier in his new job and it is fun to be able to meet him for lunch some days. He loves his 20-25 min commute all on the freeway and being home by 5pm is great! We are missing our friends and family back in washington and hope that soon we will fell at home here in AZ. Enjoy some pics.

We decorated a gingerbread house tonight. it was lots of fun to spend FHE that way. See if you can notice Shorty (our dog) wearing a santa outfit. So funny. I got that at the Dollar tree earlier today. and all the stuff behind is still there...i guess i should clean off and put things away before to late.

It rained today lots. I guess it has not rained in a long time in AZ but i know every time we come to AZ it seems to rain. Lucky us. HA HA HA. The kids enjoyed jumping in the puddles in the back yard after school today.
Wow our garage packed full our our stuff. It looks much better now but we did have it really full.
Our First Dinner in the new house. TOP ROMAN(All we could find with out shopping on sunday)

Getting ready for church the kids looked so cute on the steps.



2 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

Your house looks so cute and BIG! Wow! Your backyard looks big. I can't wait to come and stay there for a few days. Maybe I can get a ticket from Annette! I love Shorty's outfit too! Keep posting more pictures.

Shawna and David said...

I'm happy you guys have moved in and that things are going so well! I'll miss seeing you this Christmas break. Find me some good garage sale deals! Keep adding more pictures. I love your new place!

/* BLOG TRACKER start ----------------------------------------------- */ /* BLOG TRACKER End ----------------------------------------------- */