Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Lobster anyone??
Kevin works in downtown Seattle and for a while has been wanting to buy a lobster, bring it home to cook and then eat it. So today he got off work early and got a lobster. It was very exciting to see what it looked like and how it would cook up. We all got to watch it flop around in the sink, Jordan, Erin, and Nathan were all very scared of it. Nathan was crying when i tried to take a picture of him with it so i didn't get a good picture. The lobster started out a dark color then after cooking changed to a bright red - orange color. I don't enjoy eating seafood but it sure was fun to look at and watch while it was in the sink and the hot pot. What a wonderful Idea! When it was done we called the kids in from the back yard and Jordan says "Yuck i am not eating that". I think we all had at least one bite before deciding that we enjoyed the lobster better when it was moving. Thanks Kevin! what a fun thing to do and try.










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
what a fun thing to do, I love seafood and so does matt!!
That looks so good! I've always wanted to cook one.....maybe some day I will get brave like you guys.
I love your pictures!! ALL of them. Nathan on the step is adorable. He looks much older than he is. Everything from his shoes, shorts, shirt, face and hair makes him seem like he is super busy.
Your lobster activity would make a good science project. You have a great camera. I will have to think about cooking a lobster.
I love lobster!!!!!!!
ew interesting to see how it turns red. yuko. the joys of seattle... sigh... i'll miss coming there. :(
Post a Comment