Saturday, March 27, 2010

Garage Sale Finds

I had lots of fun today garage saleing today! Here is my experience...I know i didn't proof read it for anything so try your best to read through it if you desire.
I found lots of new to me and our family items. I started shopping just before 7am. I stopped at a sale and i found my latest craze. I have been trying to talk my husband into buying the living scritpures but we both couldn't fork out the $35 a dvd. He said maybe that is something you should find at a garage sale. Ya right who would sell that? Anyway at that first sale was 4 complete sets of living scriptures. New Testiment, Book for Mormon, Bible, Hero's series. I was so excited so i asked the lady how much she wanted and she said $100. Wow what a good price. A total of 56 videos. But still i couldn't get myself to spend $100 at my first sale and for VHS videos. i didn't have $100 and I would have to find our old VCR and hook it up. So i left. I met up with my parent in-laws. We all enjoy garage sales and they know the area so i just go with them and yes they are fun. We left from their house and hit a few sales and before 8am i had my first purchase. A gas powered go-cart, See pic. It doesn't run yet! but i got it home and Kevin is so excited to have a project and something fun. It was worth my $10. Also i got some jewelry for the girls a bag full for $2. The girls played for 30 min dressing up and trying it all on. It will go in my dress up box for lots of fun to come if i can get it off the girls. I got shoes, Like new Vans, for the skater in me. We returned to the in-laws to unload the go-cart and off we went again. The next couple of hours were hard. i got two outdoor chairs with fabric sling seats $5 for the pair, they wanted $8 so good deal. then i found someone selling a big geotrax train set. Wow! they wanted $10 i would have paid $10 but i asked and got it for $10. Nathan loves trains and he got a small set for his birthday but they are very expensive so we couldn't get him a big set. This set has tunnels, bridges and lots of houses to attach and play with. also the train comes with a remote so he doesn't have to push the train around. very cool i looked and to buy a train with a remote it is $29 at the store and they don't sell them at walmart only at christmas time. Also at the same sale i got a craft kit for $.25 and a cool tennis racket for $1 they wanted $3 and that was firm. i told them if you want me to buy it i'll take if for $1 or i'll just put it down. funny they gave it to me for $1 but i really like it and will look forward to trying my luck at tennis, they have tennis courts at the club house. I know... so fancy. on the last stop before getting gas in the truck and heading back home before noon we stopped at one last sales and i found Legos I love buying legos. the last time i got legos i paid $15 for about 43 lbs and sold them online for $300. But i was sad that my kids didn't get to play with them, or me. so this time the legos are just for us. There is not as many which is nice because 43 lbs is a little over whelming. the set i got today has lots of wheels to make cars and trucks, Cities and police stations. and one set of instructions. It will be fun. oh yeah i paid $3 for the legos and they wanted $5.
So after we packed my little truck full of the items i purchased and tied down the go-cart and chairs in the back. I was off to show my family my new finds. But on the way home i had a feeling i should stop at the first sale of the day about the living scriptures vhs tapes. So i found the ladies house and she had taken down all the signs and was helping load a big TV into the back of someones truck. All the other items were inside her garage. So bravely i walked up and asked if by chance she didn't sell the Living Scriptures VHS tapes. She said no she hadn't sold them and they are still for sale at $100. I asked if she would make me a deal, a really good deal. She said like what. I pulled a $20 from my pocket and said how about $20? She looked at me like i was offering her dirt. Then i quickly added...My kids would love them. She said ok with a half smile on her face and said i know that they will be used so that is great. I gave her the $20 and got the Tapes and quickly took the loot to my truck and drove away. I am so excited, i opened the bag and there are 4 complete sets! a total of 56 videos YEAH!! I am so happy. So all in all the day was very fun! Here are some pics of the go-cart and the vhs tapes. Don't be to jealous i still have to find my old vcr and hook it up!





5 comments:

Paige said...

You've got some serious skill! Good Work!

Spencer Family said...

Wow! I want to come garage sale-ing with you! I need to start looking for Legos. Jordan has really gotten into them and I know I can find them cheaper than brand new.

John and Wanda said...

Tanya you didn't tell us about the living scriptures. Good for you!!! I am so excited for you. We love garage saling with you, I get so excited when you make a deal, because I'm so chicken to ask for a deal. hope some of it rubs off on me.

CGillett said...

I can't believe what great deals you've gotten. Shane will be jealous when I tell him about the go-cart. And Legos, they are the best. I gotta say, You guys ROCK!

Sarah said...

So impressed! My Dad has a go cart back home - they are so much fun! And I grew up watching those videos; your kids are going to love them. (ps I'm in need of patio furniture if you are out garage saleing again soon)

/* BLOG TRACKER start ----------------------------------------------- */ /* BLOG TRACKER End ----------------------------------------------- */