Thursday, July 23, 2009

Water bottle rocket launcher

Tuesday my brother Stephen and I made a Water bottle rocket launcher and spent the rest of the day launching rockets and getting wet. It was lots of fun and I just wish my kids enjoyed getting wet... they hid in the house most of the time while at grandma's house and were quick to run away when asked it they wanted to help pump. The picture is of Cara and Stephen working the controls.

3 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

We did those when I taught 5th grade. We used the big soda pop bottles and watched them FLY. It was so cool. Where did you get the instructions on how to make one? We didn't make the launchers, just decorated the pop bottles. They used a pump with lots of pressure. (Like Dad's electric air pump in the garage.)

Katy said...

Everybody becomes a kid around bottle launchers like that. I need to watch how high each one reaches. You never get enough of watching the bottles fly.

Jen S said...

awesome! so funny to see that little BB hoop from the old days... ;0

/* BLOG TRACKER start ----------------------------------------------- */ /* BLOG TRACKER End ----------------------------------------------- */